Wednesday, September 27, 2006

OK, so, this is My Blog. If you're reading this, you almost certainly know who I am already, but I'll give you a run-down. I like small, manageable lists, and I love counting things, so this first post will be:

Ten Things Everyone Already Knows About Me

1. I am a Catholic, of the "follow-the-Pope-or-die" variety.

2. I am a mother, hence the "Mamma" part of the name. I have four children - three daughters, ages 8, 6 and 4, and one son, who is now 10 months old.

3. The Los Angeles Dodgers take up way too much of my time, attention and emotional energy. Hence the "Blue" part of my name. No, it's not for the music, not for the emotional lows, it's for the Los Angeles Dodgers.

4. I play the organ at my church, and teach a dozen piano students.

5. Classical music is pretty much the only thing I listen to.

6. TV is only for baseball and movies. I don't follow any network shows, usually because they're on too late.

7. I come from Northern Canada. No, I did not live in an igloo.

8. My children are homeschooled, as was I, for the most part.

9. I now live in Southern California, which I like very much.

10. I am not good at coming up with a sentence starter other than "I." I tried and tried, but everything else seemed pretty artificial for the most part.

So that was pretty dull. Later on, I'll do a "Ten Things You Probably Don't Know About Me," which may be marginally more interesting.

2 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger Saints and Spinners said...

Yay! A blog. I'm glad to know the origins of "Blue" in "BlueMamma.

I would have liked to have seen what the Matriarch (Bede's mommy) would have done with an igloo. It probably would have been the fanciest igloo in town.

Have you always been a "follow the Pope or die" Catholic? As someone who grew up with a (religious)Mennonite and (secular) Jewish background and joined the Roman Catholic church as a 30 something year old, it's interesting to hear from people who've known one way all their lives.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger BlueMamma said...

the matriarch's igloo would have a greenhouse attached to the dryer vent so that she could grow stuff. she actually did that in yellowknife, and grew grapes once, i'm told.

yeah, i've always been this variety of catholic, but once i didn't know why, it was just "the way things are." i'm now no longer a knee-jerk catholic, and i know why i believe pretty much everything i believe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home